Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Even the Goddesses live in Denial

All I can... all I could... all I was... all I tried to be, and all that I couldn't be... all that has led life to this point where I am forced to ask myself, was any of it EVER real? Did yesterday even exist, or did I just make it all up? I have been recollecting... since the last four days, my mind has only gone over certain lines... over and over, as if trying to find some clue to derive order out of this chaos that my Goddess has so abjectly thrown me into, amidst thoughts of greater minds....

"All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle...is another riddle."
~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~

"Don't forget that I cannot see myself -- that my role is limited to being the one who looks in the mirror."

~~Jacques Rigaut~~

"When love is in excess, it brings a man no honor, nor worthiness."

~~ Euripides ~~

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses. It is an idea that possesses the mind."

~~Robert Oxton Bolton~~


"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

~~ Albert Einstein~~


"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."

~~Harriet Beecher Stowe~~


"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know."

~~Diane Arbus~~

"This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or I don't want to walk around angry. Or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go."

~~Jennifer Jareau~~

"Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."

~~Marcel Proust~~

"We all wear masks and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing our own skin."

~~André Berthiaume~~

“Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of its trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse for impossibility, for it thinks all things are lawful for itself and all things are possible.”

~~Thomas A. Kempis~~

"I believe humanity was born from conflict. Maybe that's why in all of us lives a dark side. Some of us embrace it. Some have no choice. The rest of us fight it. And in the end, it's as natural as the air we breathe. Some point, we're forced to face the truth...ourselves.

~~ Penelope Garcia~~

"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

~~Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley~~

"What really raises one's indignation against suffering is not suffering intrinsically, but the senselessness of suffering."

~~Frederich Nietzsche~~

“Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.”

~~Paul Rodriguez~~

"Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet, tomorrow is too often a repetition of today."

~~James T. McKay~~

"The secret to getting away with lying is believing with all your heart, that goes for lying to yourself even moreso than lying to another."

~~Elizabeth Bear~~

"Every journey into the past is complicated by delusions, false memories, false naming of real events."

~~Adrienne Rich~~

"Bring the past only if you're going to build from it."

~~Doménico Cieri Estrada~~

That's a lot of quotes. But then again, there's a lot of chaos...

No comments: